Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Our Bundle of Joy is HERE!

After 8 weeks of bed rest, followed by 9 days off of the meds...Tristan Michael has joined us.
Here is our birth story....

So.....Its Wednesday, June 10th. Jimmy and I decide to go for a short walk around the block. We get 3/4 around the block and I feel a little gush of liquid. I was like...."babe, I think I pee'd myself", all the while laughing...and he was like "you pee'd yourself?!" and I was like, "I don't know. I think so. Just a little." So we finish our walk and when we get home, I go to the bathroom and change my clothes, and I almost immediately leak a little again. But I am not really sure that I have broken my water, so we just continue to wait and see. So Jimmy and I go out to the car and he installs the car seat base. He gets it installed and he's trying to put enough weight on it to get it in tight. So I was like "how about we put my 180 lbs on it" haha. So I get up and I go to get on top of it, and 3 larger gushes come out...I am cracking up and I am like "Babe, its coming out, more liquid." and he says, "I think we need to call Dr. B".


So I go inside and he finishes installing the car seat. I call and then Dr. B calls back. It sounds like my water has broken so she tells us to head to Labor and Delivery to confirm it. So I go change my clothes again, and we gather my hospital bag and all the other things I think we need in case this is the real thing. And we are off to Walnut Creek.....


We check into the hospital at 9:30pm on Wednesday, June 10th. They confirm that I have definitely broken my water, and that we weren't going anywhere. So Jimmy headed down to the car to get our stuff and make a few phone calls. The nurse estimated we would have a June 11th Baby. She said by noon probably. So we hunker down for the night. I get an IV for fluids. At 11:15pm we started Pitocin, because I had no contractions or anything trying to start the labor process. Jimmy & the nurse tell me to get some sleep, that I will need it in order to deliver the baby the next day. YEAH RIGHT...SLEEP? How do they expect me to do that.....so at 2am I call the nurse in to see if its too early to get the epidural. Its not...so I decide I should get it, because otherwise I don't think I will ever fall asleep.


I am 2cm and I get the epidural at about 2:30 am and then I am able to sleep until about 4:30ish. Then it was just off and on rest/sleep. I am progressing, and by 6am I am 5 cm dilated. I was able to get some more rest for about 45 minutes around 8am. Then at 11am I was 10cm. BUT WAIT...don't start pushing yet. They want to wait 45min-1hour and let my contractions do most of the work for me, saving my energy.


At 12:05 I started pushing. It took me about 10 minutes to get the hang of how to push correctly. It happened all too quickly......I started pushing with the nurse, then Dr. B got there, and with Jimmy on one side, holding one leg and the nurse on the other, and Dr. B and her crazy antics gets me going and I push and push and at 1:23pm about an hour later, Tristan was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment