Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Latest Dr. Appt.

OKAY! so the doctor changed my due date. It is now June 26th! (I know only 2 days sooner) Anyway she says that is the official due date and they won't change it again. Also, I got to hear the baby's heartbeat. It took her a long time to find it though. I was begining to worry that there was no baby in there! She was like its okay, I am patient! Then finally I heard it. A nice healthy fast woosh woosh kinda sound. I was a little bummed Jimmy wasn't able to make it to hear it too. Well, next time! So I go in for another ultrasound next Monday, Dec. 15th...likely still way too early to see if its a boy or girl so we will all have to just keep on waiting! Love to you all! XOXO

5 comments:

  1. Yea so exciting! did she tell you what the baby's heart rate was? They say if it is higher it is a girl, lower it is a boy... ours was lower, and it did turn out to be a boy! Of course it's all a fish wive's tale, but fun to see if it does turn out that way! So glad you got to hear the heart beat though!!! Did you have an US or just an appt? Can't wait to hear about your US next week! I have my 20 week US and appt next week too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no...just the little hand held heartbeat thingy no US. All she said was that it was normal to be fast. I think she may have said 110 but I really dont remember. She just said its normal to sound really fast and that it sounds nice and healthy. Next weeks Ultrasound is the perinatal one. Which I believe will tell us if the baby has down syndrome or not. We decided we would prefer to know now, so that we had time to become educated if necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh just the doppler. Those are pretty cool. You can rent or buy them to have one at home. I am considering it, but haven't made up my mind yet. All that matters is the baby is healthy, so glad the heartbeat was good. So since she changed your due date, what do your weeks start on now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont' know....??? I don't think I have ever been told. Is there a way to tell based on the due date?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea, if you do one of the baby tickers from baby-gaga.com or lilypie.com, it'll tell you what day and week you are on. and it may also tell you on babycenter.com or whattoexpect.com... my dr told me though, i'm surprised yours didn't. but those tickers will help you figure out what day you start a new week on.

    ReplyDelete